Tuesday 13 October 2015

Rastislav Smolen - Character artist -

Hello , I am back with new work to present myself :D . I am currently working on as a character artist in team . My job is to develop Character with movement a mainly personality. Our game will be about World War 1/ Library.  So that was start. I started gaining ideas of mad professor or scientist. First man , come to my mind was PhD. Frankenstein.  So I made some research. So I created Mood Board.


I had picture in head . Very intelligent, gentle but rude , sarcastic funny and bit coward. So I my first sketches was out of my image. I had a free time in Costa - Coffe and I saw really funny looking guy and I quick sketched him really fast ... KEEP IN MIND these are just sketches.
So he was sitting and waiting for his SO.And he was so kind to sit there for few minutes and let me finished the drawing . He was not that old but I needed PhD. professor , old looking .So I added few wrinkles and glasses I was happy with finished drawing . Even my team-mates decided to use it as main character.

wounded scientist
I was happy to make my main character on one go . But I thought that a didn't make enough work so I  draw some more.

Himmler WW2

Next part, of process was clothing and basic look of the character every part of this job is still in process just quick drawings and base ideas that come to my mind . I had and idea of suit or stereotypical teacher outfit.   
I tried to combine suit with the professor outfit. First I draw with refference just quick look . Why just quick , because I don't want to create something already exist's and get too evolved in real life.   






                         This is combined form . Next time I will upload more finished version .




Thank you for reading , Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment