Tuesday 8 December 2015

Craig Lang - Games Designer: Beta and Final Scene



Beta and Final Scene



For the final level my environment artist created a new unity project with the final models and assets fully textured. I also got a fully rigged and textured character model from my character artist. I turn the transparency on the character material and added a blue point light to create a ghostly feel.



I finalized the keys by adding a light to the keys. I then added an OnMouseOver function in the key scripts which activates the light when the mouse hovers over the object.










 I wanted certain items such as the fireplace to slide open when unlocked. I therefore created another door and instead of using rotation I used snapTo and DoorMove. This allows the object to move position rather than rotate.


For the cutscene I created a new scene. I added all the slide images my concept artist drew for me to separate images on a canvas. I then created a empty object and added the following script. this script destroys the image after a number of seconds I command in the script e.g 10 = 10seconds. I also added an if statement which allows an audio clip to activate once a certain number of seconds have passed.




 





I added a lantern and candle with fire particle effects. I also added a script very similar to the camera script which moves the lantern to a target area when called.


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment